Coronavirus/COVID-19 Continuity Statement
Following the emerging situation regarding the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), our main priority is to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and the employees of our customers, whilst trying to maintain the continuity of business.
Here at Profile we are closely monitoring the situation and will be following advice directed by HM Government and Public Health England to consider and update our plans accordingly.
We will endeavour to ensure our services will continue for support and remote work as close to normal as possible, but site visits may potentially be restricted. We will maintain services wherever possible remotely and in light of this we're enforcing the following measures:
- Profile will be directing necessary operations and plans to reassign staff from non-critical functions if colleague absence is a threat.
- Our IT infrastructure is ready to facilitate all staff to be able to work remotely.
- We are carrying out ongoing checks and assessments of key suppliers, vendors or other parties and their risk levels.
- If a Profile staff member begins exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms based on Government guidance, they will then be directed to stay at home, working remotely where possible.
- We have internal communication plans to immediately communicate our business continuity plans, updates and changes.
We will update this article in line with changes and feedback through this evolving situation, if you have any questions or queries through this period, please contact your Account Manager.
- The Profile Team